Thursday, April 9, 2015

Poppyprint…is in PRINT!!

If you read Krista’s Blog (Poppyprint Creates) then you will know exactly what I am talking about!  You have probably already heard the NEWS! 

BUT before I get into that, let me give you a little history behind Krista and her Poppyprint Creates Blog…

I have been reading Krista’s blog for well over six years and love every posting!  She  brings a fresh outlook and energy to quilting and retreats!  Krista loves getting away with sewing friends so much so, that she turned it into a business!  Several years ago, Krista started a successful business called “Quilt by the Bay”, a day retreat business! You can check out the fun that they have HERE!!  Amazing…eh!  It has been such fun for me, to watch Krista grow as a quilter, designer and retreat expert extraordinaire!  My buttons nearly pop whenever Krista is featured in magazines! (HERE)

Back in 2010, I won Poppyprint’s Give Away…you can read about it HERE and LOVE my thread catcher made by the same talented hands that wrote THIS BOOK!  Yup, you heard me!  Our little Krista has written a book!!  It’s called “Make It, Take It”, with 16 of the cutest projects EVER!  Krista Hennebury, is now an author…hence my title.. Poppyprint is in Print!  How exciting is THAT!

P1260443

Let’s take a peek inside!  Don’t you LOVE it when the author acknowledges YOU when she autographs your book!! I was THRILLED! (Thank you, Krista!:o))

P1260444

Check out the Big Mouth Thread Catcher!  I have one of my own made by Poppyprints very own hands and I LOVE it!!  Now I have the pattern to make one for each and every quilter on the planet!  (Well… maybe for some of my closest quilting friends…maybe…:)

P1260445

Love the scissor holder on the side and the measuring tape detail!

P1260446

And look at this ruler tote!  Perfect for a retreat or Clubhouse Quilting!  No more ruler corners getting nicked!  I LIKE…a lot!

P1260448

Here’s what it looks like inside…sorry about the awful picture!  My fault, not Krista’s!  Tons of pockets for every ruler that you own!

P1260449

And look at this Selvage Sewing Mat with deep meshed pockets!  Love that the pockets are deep enough for pad and paper!  I am always looking for paper and pen…ALWAYS!

P1260455

LOVE all the bags in this book!P1260450

If I had a bag like this, my pictures would be WAY better!  Why?  WELL…in our travels home, I lost my camera battery charger!  If I had a bag like this (with a zipper closure) I wouldn’t have lost it and I wouldn’t have to use my OLD camera while waiting for my new battery charger to arrive from Mr. Amazon!  Yup, with a pretty bag like this, I would be taking magnificent pictures!  I would be doing this book justice!

P1260456

And there are lots of quilts in this book…gorgeous quilts!  Like this Lone Star Circle Quilt…drop dead beautiful!

P1260451

Pretty modern quilts, so fresh and beautiful!

P1260465

And the prettiest place mats…

P1260452

And runners that are fun and very clever and can be whipped up at any retreat!  (Isn’t Krista pretty…and so young!)

P1260453

Yup, Krista (with the help from her Retreat buddies) did a first rate job on this book!  Can’t you picture them sitting around after a hard day of sewing, pouring themselves a glass of wine (or two), to go with the cheese that they just sliced up…and Krista says “We should write a book…”.  They pass the wine (again)…the wheels start turning…and the rest is history!  The birth of this book!  And CUT!

P1260457

THANK YOU SEW MUCH, Krista!  I love EVERYTHING in this book…from the quilter’s apron, to the bags and pillows, to the quilts and runner…not to mention the retreat carriers!  You done good…VERY GOOD!!

If YOU would like to own this book (and I’m sure you DO) then go HERE!  And if you would like to go to a ‘Quilt on the Bay Retreat’ then go HERE…guaranteed fun…and who knows…you just might be in Krista’s NEXT BOOK!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

PS…there is a ‘Make It, Take It’ blog hop going on…so head over to Poppyprint’s blog for the details…you just may WIN a copy of this great book!!

5 comments:

  1. Ok seriously Paulette, I'm blushing from head to toe. You're such a sweet friend! I can't wait to see your versions of the book projects - thank you so much for that super enthusiastic review!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful book and i know you will make some beautiful items from it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! Great ideas all together in one awesome book. I will hop over to visit Poppyprint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book! Love all the projects! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete